- Businesses that blogged received 55% more visitors than those that did not [*]
- Businesses that blogged received 97% more inbound links than those that did not
- In some industries (restaurants for example) 95% of potential customers use search engines to find their target restaurant; within that set 30% convert immediately and 60% convert within an hour
- For most sites the % of traffic that originates from a search query is 45% to 65% of the total new visitors
- Blogging enables you to connect with your fans and customers, continuing your brand story and keeping them engaged
- Blogging creates fresh content that will increase your search engine presence
- Blogging creates shareable content
- Blogging helps establish credibility and trust, establishing industry expertise
- Blogging allows you to promote a new product, initiative, achievement or other news quickly and easily
Misperceptions on blogging:
- Blog posts don't need to be long, they can be as short as an image or two, a video, a few paragraphs of text, anything
- A blog doesn't have to be articles, but can instead be news & event announcements, daily specials, random photos, or any other pieces of content that your company can produce to interact with your fans
- You don't need to blog every day, sometimes once a week is good enough (depending on your content of course)
Remember that content strategy that we discussed? Blogging can and should be a large part of that strategy. And that doesn't mean ditching any other social media activities and services you might be using (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), but it means having content creation originating from a source, that source being under your own domain (for more on this read our post Focus on your Blog, Don't promote the social media services). This isn't to say that your content can't go out to those services, engaging you fans in those platforms, but instead that it should originally be posted on your own site.
Need help setting up a blog and website and keeping your branding consistent? Give us a call!